Digital collaboration tools let you connect with customers, partners and employees anytime, anyplace.
Our latest infographic examines who’s using online collaboration tools, which tools and how they help small businesses.
Who’s collaborating online?
- 12% of companies with less than 100 Employees. An additional 17% plan to use them in the next year.
- 28% of companies with 100 to 1000 Employees, and 35% more plan to use them.
Which tools do they use?
- File Sharing: 64%
- Instant Messaging: 64%
- Audio Conferencing: 50%
- Web Conferencing: 44%
- Video Conferencing: 39%
- Video Chat: 35%
- Stream-based messaging: 24%
These tools can save you in:
- 40% on local calls
- Up to 90% on international calls
- Up to 90% on initial costs for a new business
- 43 minutes a day due to more efficient message management
- 30% reduction in conferencing expenses
- Average savings of $1,700 per month
And 70% of owners think they improve productivity.
Owners do have concerns:
- 41%: Cost/funding
- 36%: Security/privacy concerns
- 33%: Interaction with existing infrastructure
- 30%: User quality/experience
- 27%: End users require training
The bottom line: Small businesses that use collaboration tools grow 26% faster and deliver 21% higher profits.